Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Sodus Adventures

So this weekend we had some adventures in Sodus. We doggy-sat for Amy's parents, and it became readily apparent that, after being used to living in the city, there's not a whole lot to do in Sodus. So we went to the thriving metropolis that is Sodus Point, drove around the "loop," ate dinner, and sat by the lighthouse.
Alright, you caught me... this is a composite image. But all I did was put two different exposures together! I didn't paste her in or anything, I swear! Believe me, if it was heavily Photoshopped, she'd totally have extra extremities and stuff.


Ooh yeah. Flowers.


On the way back from Sodus Point, we passed a firehall and I couldn't help but laughing at this sign... only in the country, man. The other side to which it refers, was almost as funny... saying "POT OF GOLD - SOLD OUT". Now, I imagine that it refers to a "pot luck" dinner, which, for the uninformed, is a gathering where everyone brings a dish to pass, and people eat buffet-style. But it begs the question - how can a pot luck dinner be sold out?


Now, I'm not saying that graffiti is an unusual thing in and of itself, but I suppose I'm used to tags and more decorative work, especially on train cars. But apparently some fine chap decided it was entirely necessary to label this unfortunate hopper car for what it is.


A casual passerby in Sodus might not notice this in passing, but I suppose I'm not a casual Soduskan. I guess I wasn't aware of where people kept their 1800's-era steam-powered tractors and 1960's-era stovetops... which is next to their dilapidated barn, as I've come to understand.


These people are really taking the stereotypical redneck "old vehicle rusting in the front lawn" to a new extreme. +100 redness to the neck!


And of course, what would any trip to a small town be without boozing it up? And logically following, the obligatory out-of-focus, goofy-faced pictures.


fin.


No comments:

Post a Comment